Welcome to the Gardner-Harvey Library! The following information is intended to help anyone with questions about accessing the building and the collections of the library. The library staff are happy to answer questions about accessibility when you arrive or in advance of your visit using our "Contact Us" options.
Disability ParkingFour disability parking spots are located in a parking lot on the right side of the front of the library building (by our loading dock). Additional disability parking spots are available in the large parking lot across the street from Johnston Hall. The map below shows the location of the parking spaces (outlined in red). The street shown on the right side of the map is Miami University Middletown Road.
Front Entrance Ramp and Automatic DoorsThere is a ramp at the front of the library which leads from the library parking lot to the front entrance of the library. There are two automatic doors with a button on the right side of the front entrance to the library. The ramp is shown on the map above or on the map below under "General Library Space and Services Notes."
Lower Entrance Automatic Doors and ElevatorIf you enter through our lower level entrance on the path from Levey, Johnston, or Thesken Halls, the library is located upstairs. This is also the entrance to the Computer Center, which is located on this level. We have an elevator located to the left as you enter through the automatic doors on the left side of the entrance. The elevator floor marked as "2" will take you to the main floor of the library. The elevator is marked in yellow on the map below (and the restrooms are marked in red).
General Library Space and Services NotesOnce inside the library, the majority of our study spaces, computers, and library collections are located on our main floor.
- Library staff can retrieve materials for people who cannot reach top or bottom shelves.
- Adjustable computer tables are available in the first row of computers you come to just past our InfoDesk.
- All library computers have Read&Write Gold text-to-speech software installed. More information on using and installing the software is located on the Read&Write page on the Student Disability Services website.
- We have a video magnification device in the open computer area of the library that can magnify a document or an object up to 56 times.
- The Library has individual study rooms for persons needing extreme quiet to study. Rooms may be reserved for two hours at a time using our reservation system. They are labeled on the map below in blue, along with the elevator in yellow.
- The library staff are always available to help patrons find information on using library resources – just ask at our InfoDesk (outlined in green on the map below)!